Why should I complete a Home Inventory?
When you purchase a home and a homeowners insurance policy, you should create an up-to-date home inventory to expedite a claim settlement if you ever need to make one. With a complete home inventory, your insurance company can verify property easier, which makes settling your claim easier. Plus, you can easily verify losses for your income tax return with an updated home inventory.
Start your home inventory by making a list of your possessions, describing each item, and noting the make and model and where each item was purchased. Include sales receipts, purchase contracts and appraisals if you have them, too. Organize clothing into categories for easier reference.
Home inventory organization tips:
- Remember to list big-ticket items like jewelry, artwork and collectibles.
- Take pictures of rooms and important individual items.
- Videotape your home by walking through it and describing the contents throughout the house.
- Save an inventory list on your personal computer and store it on a separate disk or drive.
- Put all your photos, lists and videotape documentation in a safe deposit box.
Your best choice for insurance
The first right decision in protecting all of your assets is finding an insurance agent who understands YOU and your family. We pride ourselves in taking the time to discuss your needs to ensure that you don’t find a gap in coverage when you need it most…something that can’t always be done in 15 minutes and is too important to rush. Make sure you and your family are fully protected and call us at 407-977-5700 or email any time at email@example.com.
Learn more about what is and isn’t covered:
Learn more about the coverages included in a policy:
- Dwelling Coverage
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Other Structures Coverage
- Personal Liability Coverage
- Personal Property Coverage