Comprehensive and Collision
With Comprehensive and Collision coverages, the insurance company will pay for damage to your boat if you’re involved in an accident or another covered loss, regardless of who is at fault. You only pay your deductible.
Collision coverage applies if you collide with another boat or object, and Comprehensive coverage applies if your boat is damaged by an event other than a collision, such as fire, theft or vandalism.
When you buy Comprehensive and Collision coverage, you have a choice in how the insurance company will resolve your claim if your boat is ever damaged beyond repair (a total loss):
- Actual Cash Value — With Actual Cash Value coverage, the insurance company will pay either the market value of your boat/PWC at the time of the loss or the Rating Base-whichever is lower. (The Rating Base is the dollar value you originally provided us for your boat or PWC to reflect its current market value.)
- Agreed Value — With Agreed Value coverage, the insurance company will pay the agreed value of your boat-an amount you previously chose and to which the company agreed-regardless of its current market value at the time of the loss. To determine your boat’s value, you can refer to your sales receipt (for newer boats), an ABOS, BUC or N.A.D.A. appraisal guide or an accredited marine survey.
- Total Loss Replacement / Purchase Price — With Total Loss Replacement / Purchase Price coverage, the insurance company will replace your boat with a new boat that is, to the greatest extent possible, the same make, class, size and type, with comparable equipment. If you choose not to replace your boat or if it’s more than five model years old at the time of the loss, they will pay the original purchase price.
Your best choice for insurance
The first right decision in protecting all of your assets is finding an insurance agent who understands YOU and your family. We pride ourselves in taking the time to discuss your needs to ensure that you don’t find a gap in coverage when you need it most…something that can’t always be done in 15 minutes and is too important to rush. Make sure you and your family are fully protected and call us at 407-977-5700 or email any time at email@example.com.
Learn more about your watercraft insurance:
- Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability Coverage
- Uninsured Boater Coverage
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Personal Effects Replacement
- On-Water Towing & Labor Coverage Service
- Roadside Assistance
- Fishing Equipment
- Fuel Spill Liability
- Wreckage Removal
- Water Sports
- Navigational Area