How Do I Qualify For Preferred Risk Flood Insurance Coverage?
A Preferred Risk Flood Policy is designed for homeowners and tenants of eligible buildings in low to moderate flood hazard areas who want to help protect their home and contents in the event of a flood. In order to qualify for a Preferred Risk Flood Policy, you need to own a one-to-four family dwelling or non-residential property in a low to moderate flood hazard area that meets certain requirements.
If your dwelling’s flood loss history falls into any of the categories below, a Preferred Risk Policy cannot be written. These requirements apply since the date of construction and regardless of your dwelling’s prior ownership:
- Two loss payments, each more than $1,000
- Three or more loss payments, regardless of the amount
- Two Federal Disaster Relief payments, each more than $1,000
- Three Federal Disaster Relief payments, regardless of the amount
- One flood insurance claim payment and one flood disaster relief payment (including loans and grants), each more than $1,000
Your best choice for insurance
The first right decision in protecting all of your assets is finding an insurance agent who understands YOU and your family. We pride ourselves in taking the time to discuss your needs to ensure that you don’t find a gap in coverage when you need it most…something that can’t always be done in 15 minutes and is too important to rush. Make sure you and your family are fully protected and call us at 407-977-5700 or email any time at email@example.com.
Learn more about Flood Insurance:
- What is a Flood?
- Why can’t I rely on Federal Disaster Assistance?
- What’s the advantage of Flood Insurance Protection?
- What coverages are included under a Standard National Flood Insurance Policy?
- What’s covered by a Preferred Risk Policy?
- How do I qualify for Excess Flood Coverage?