Why Can’t I Rely on Federal Disaster Assistance?
Federal disaster assistance is only available if the President declares a disaster. Less than 50 percent of all flooding incidents are awarded a Federal Disaster Assistance declaration. If the President declares a Federal Disaster Area, most disaster assistance is provided in the form of a loan that must be repaid – principal plus interest.
Below are some important facts about Federal Disaster Assistance:
- The average Individuals and Household Program (IHP) award is around $4,000.
- The duration of a Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster home loan is approximately 30 years.
- Repayment on a $50,000 SBA residential disaster home loan is $240 a month, or $2,880 annually.
Your best choice for insurance
The first right decision in protecting all of your assets is finding an insurance agent who understands YOU and your family. We pride ourselves in taking the time to discuss your needs to ensure that you don’t find a gap in coverage when you need it most…something that can’t always be done in 15 minutes and is too important to rush. Make sure you and your family are fully protected and call us at 407-977-5700 or email any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Flood Insurance:
- What is a Flood?
- What’s the advantage of Flood Insurance Protection?
- What coverages are included under a Standard National Flood Insurance Policy?
- How do I qualify for Preferred Risk Flood Insurance Policy?
- What’s covered by a Preferred Risk Policy?
- How do I qualify for Excess Flood Coverage?